Waterproof smartphones are all the rage in this day and age because people are looking for a rugged and durable phone that can survive being submerged in water. People like to take photos of moments and experiences they go through daily, and these may include situations where they must be in water or surrounded by it. In some cases, a waterproof smartphone will ensure that your mobile phone will not be damaged if you accidentally drop it in a puddle, tub, or in the toilet bowl. If you are still not convinced with the durability and ruggedness of these smartphones, here are nine features of waterproof smartphones that will impress you further:
1. The best ones have an IP rating of 68 – International Protection rating is given to rugged smartphones once they pass tests that can prove their ability to withstand dust, dirt, and water conditions. Waterproof smartphones with an IP68 rating means that it is completely dust and dirt resistant, and that it can be continuously submerged in water that is over one metre deep under conditions specified by the manufacturer.
2. Aesthetically pleasing designs – The average consumer would think that a waterproof and rugged smartphone looks bulky and feels heavy. However, manufacturers have found innovative ways to make aesthetically pleasing cases that will not weigh down the unit. This way, you will not have to feel awkward or unfashionable when using it.
3. Like your regular smartphone, only tougher – A waterproof smartphone will work just like any other standard or popular model of smartphone, except that they are built to withstand extreme conditions.
4. Reliable – With a waterproof smartphone, you can be still access your files and apps, and stay in touch with people who matter, even when you are in a desolate area that may damage a regular mobile phone. You can still go online via Wi-Fi or 3G, or share files via Bluetooth.
5. Runs on Android – Waterproof and rugged smartphones are powered by Android, so they are easy to use and you have access to a wide variety of apps for your work, leisure, and entertainment.
6. Entertainment – Some smarthones come with an FM radio and a music player, and their screens are large and clear enough to let you watch videos and clips, or play games to pass the time.
7. Bright colours – In case you work under dim conditions, a brightly coloured waterproof smartphone will easily be seen. This can be convenient if you accidentally drop your phone on the soil or in a lake or cave, too.
8. Easy to grip – A waterproof smartphone has a body that can easily be gripped, so you can minimise the chances of it slipping from your hand.
9. It can survive impacts – Waterproof smartphones are not merely dustproof and capable of preventing water damage, they can survive shocks and vibrations, too.